Occupational Therapist Job Description
This Occupational Therapist job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages.
Don't want to spend time customizing your own? Let our Boostpoint Create.AI tool do it for you!
We are seeking a compassionate and dedicated Occupational Therapist to join our healthcare team. As an Occupational Therapist, you will play a crucial role in helping patients regain their independence and improve their daily living skills. You will assess patients’ functional abilities, develop personalized treatment plans, and provide hands-on therapy to assist in their rehabilitation. This position offers a rewarding opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of patients and contribute to their overall well-being.
- Competitive salary and performance-based incentives.
- Comprehensive health and medical benefits package.
- Paid time off and flexible work schedules.
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional development.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Conduct comprehensive evaluations of patients’ physical, cognitive, and psychosocial abilities.
- Develop individualized treatment plans based on patients’ goals and needs.
- Provide therapeutic interventions and exercises to improve patients’ daily living skills.
- Monitor patients’ progress and make adjustments to treatment plans as necessary.
- Educate patients and their families on adaptive techniques and strategies.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to ensure holistic patient care.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records and documentation.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited institution.
- Valid and current Occupational Therapist (OT) license in the state of practice.
- Proven experience as an Occupational Therapist, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Strong knowledge of occupational therapy principles, practices, and treatment techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with patients and healthcare teams.
- Empathy and patience to support patients in their rehabilitation journey.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to adapt treatment plans for individual patients.
- Basic computer skills for medical record documentation.